Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Member Discussion area
 Iron Butt.org General Discussion : Member Discussion area
Subject Topic: 2015 IBA Memorial Day Memorial Ride Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JustHoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 April 2015 at 11:44am | IP Logged Quote JustHoward

The "Memorial Ride" series began in the Fall of 2011 with a celebration of the life of Jack Shoalmire, a dedicated long-time member of the IBA and an IBR veteran. That year we had riders in all 50 states saddle up to pay tribute to Jack with a SaddleSore 1000 attempt in each state. Since then the Memorial Ride has grown into one of the most popular IBA events, now encompassing two weeks and three weekends of riding each Fall.

This year we'd like to bring back the magic of that inaugural ride by staging a one-day ride event. And what better day to hold a "Memorial Ride" than on Memorial Day? So on Monday, May 25th, you'll have another chance to rekindle the spirit of 2011. We're shooting once again for at least one rider in all 50 states. We'll have a group SpotWalla link so the folks back home can watch you and all your friends riding around the countryside celebrating Memorial Day together. And yes, you will be able to dedicate your ride to any friend or relative that has gone before us to the great open roads in the beyond.

And for those of you who live in the North where there is often snow and sleet during the Fall Memorial Ride time window, here is a great opportunity to participate in the Memorial Event while riding in decent weather.

You’ll be sharing the day with many IBR veterans who have already committed to ride that day, so join them in this unique event. Your ride can be an in-state SS1000 if that's on your to-do list, or any other 1,000 or more mile ride you choose. The only other stipulation is that you at least begin or end your ride in the 24 hours of Memorial Day.

All riders who complete a Memorial 1000 on Memorial Day will receive a special ride certificate which can include a dedication to your memorialee , commemorative bike sticker, and special recognition by Mike Kneebone at the Fall IBA Memorial Ride event in Dallas in October. And these rides count toward your 5K and 10K Memorial Miles certificates and add to your Lifetime Memorial Miles for those working on those goals.

To register for this event, go to here

For more details contact Howard Entman here

Edited by JustHoward on 28 April 2015 at 4:32am

IBA #434
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 (sold after 100,000+ miles)
2009 Suzuki DL 650
Back to Top View JustHoward's Profile Search for other posts by JustHoward

hardtxrider
IBA Premier Member
IBA Premier Member

Posted: 10 April 2015 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote hardtxrider

Howard,

That's great news.

For IBA Premier Members can the Memorial Day ride certification go through the Premier Member electronic certification program?

I rode the final leg of the Four Seasons SaddleSore 1,000 Challenge on March 20, electronically filled using the IBA Premier Member Certification program on March 30 and received the completed package, with certificate, on April 7, 2015. IBA Premier Membership...near-instant gratification.

Edited by hardtxrider on 10 April 2015 at 12:06pm

Tim Masterson, IBA #415
2013 R1200GSA
My LD Ride Blog
"Friends of George"
Back to Top View hardtxrider's Profile Search for other posts by hardtxrider Visit hardtxrider's Homepage

JustHoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 April 2015 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote JustHoward

Absolutely!

Any Premier Member ride goes to the top of the list for certification.

IBA #434
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
2009 Suzuki DL 650

BigDaddy
IBA Member
IBA Member

Posted: 10 April 2015 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote BigDaddy

Tell me more about this Premier Member thing... I was under the immersion
that it was for a small group of premier members at first, just to test it out.

IBA #49906
SS1000's..........5
TOH SS1000.....1
BB15000...........1
BBG1500...........2
MILE EATER SILVER
Back to Top View BigDaddy's Profile Search for other posts by BigDaddy Visit BigDaddy's Homepage

grampawinger
IBA Premier Member
IBA Premier Member

Posted: 11 April 2015 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote grampawinger

BigDaddy wrote:
Tell me more about this Premier Member thing... I was under the immersion
that it was for a small group of premier members at first, just to test it out.

A Premier Membership costs $40.00 per year and includes a $20.00 annual subscription to Iron Butt Magazine.

Here is a link to subscribe:

http://www.ironbutt.com/premier/

gramps

Edited by grampawinger on 11 April 2015 at 7:57am

Mile Eater Silver
Mile Eater Gold
Back to Top View grampawinger's Profile Search for other posts by grampawinger

BigDaddy
IBA Member
IBA Member

Posted: 11 April 2015 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote BigDaddy

Thanks gramps! I should have been more clear with my question. I know
about the premier membership, but what I was wondering about, is the fast
turn around with the certs. Does this apply for all premier members? And
how does it work?

IBA #49906
SS1000's..........5
TOH SS1000.....1
BB15000...........1
BBG1500...........2
MILE EATER SILVER
Back to Top View BigDaddy's Profile Search for other posts by BigDaddy Visit BigDaddy's Homepage

grampawinger
IBA Premier Member
IBA Premier Member

Posted: 11 April 2015 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote grampawinger

BigDaddy wrote:
Thanks gramps! I should have been more clear with my question. I know
about the premier membership, but what I was wondering about, is the fast
turn around with the certs. Does this apply for all premier members? And
how does it work?

Here is a copy of an email I received:

Premier Review has been designed to respond to requests from experienced Premier Member riders (that would be you) for a streamlined method of ride submission and approval. Ride documentation for Premier Members can now be submitted electronically which eliminates copying and mailing gas receipts and documents. Submissions will be acknowledged upon receipt so there will be no more fretting over whether the mail was delivered. The dedicated email address for submissions (see below) will give you and the certification team a direct communication line to resolve any ride certification problems.

This program will eventually expand to a custom application on both the web, iPhone and Android phone (all are in test now) and the full Membership, but in order to get the program up to speed we are limiting it to Premier Member riders that can meet the following conditions:

--Must be a Premier Member before the ride begins.

--Must be able to prepare an on-line map of your ride using Google Maps or Map Quest, using the addresses shown on the gas receipts as your waypoints.

--Must submit forms and documents electronically - (that means, scan or take a picture of your receipts and forms). Documents must be neat, legible and readable. Receipts should be labeled with your motorcycle odometer reading and Google Map reference.

--Must use an on-line tracking system (one where the data is written to an independent on-line source, such as SPOTWALLA), and submit the link to the tracking system.

--Must submit payment via PayPal at the time of submission. If for any reason your ride cannot be verified we will refund your payment.

If you can make your ride submission fit into the above parameters, this is how to submit:

Fill out the application form which can be found at

http://www.ironbutt.com/premierapp

Go to PayPal.com, log in, click 'My PayPal', then click 'Send and Request' and choose 'Send money to friends and family'. Send the calculated payment to:

paypal@ironbutt.com

BEFORE sending, remember there are no special pins and patches included with this program. This is a certification program ONLY. You may order either a 'certificate only' or a 'complete package'. If you want additional items to commemorate your ride, you may order them through the IBA eStore.

Send everything, including a copy of your PayPal payment confirmation to:

IBAPremierCertification@gmail.com

THAT'S IT. ­ It's really that simple. Once you try it you'll never want to return to the old paper based system. In return for your effort your ride certification will be returned to you faster than ever before!

Any questions? Write to IBAPremierCertification@gmail.com.

Michael Kneebone

gramps

Mile Eater Silver
Mile Eater Gold

JustHoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 27 April 2015 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote JustHoward

In past years, riders in the far north have complained that the Annual Memorial Rides, which are held in late October, are not doable because of cold weather and snow.

So here we have scheduled a 'special' Memorial Ride with those riders in mind. So I expected our northern fellows riders to sign up for this event early in in big numbers.

But I guess they are still hibernating from last winter!

So come on, you frozen northeners, sign up for the Memorial Day Memorial Ride now. The weather ought to be great.

IBA #434
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
2009 Suzuki DL 650

BigDaddy
IBA Member
IBA Member

Posted: 27 April 2015 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote BigDaddy

Hey Im signed up!!    I can't wait! When and how do we pay for this ride?
Dont want to miss anything..

IBA #49906
SS1000's..........5
TOH SS1000.....1
BB15000...........1
BBG1500...........2
MILE EATER SILVER

grampawinger
IBA Premier Member
IBA Premier Member

Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote grampawinger

JustHoward wrote:
The "Memorial Ride" series began in the Fall of 2011 with a celebration of the life of Jack Shoalmire, a dedicated long-time member of the IBA and an IBR veteran. That year we had riders in all 50 states saddle up to pay tribute to Jack with a SaddleSore 1000 attempt in each state. Since then the Memorial Ride has grown into one of the most popular IBA events, now encompassing two weeks and three weekends of riding each Fall.

This year we'd like to bring back the magic of that inaugural ride by staging a one-day ride event. And what better day to hold a "Memorial Ride" than on Memorial Day? So on Monday, May 25th, you'll have another chance to rekindle the spirit of 2011. We're shooting once again for at least one rider in all 50 states. We'll have a group SpotWalla link so the folks back home can watch you and all your friends riding around the countryside celebrating Memorial Day together. And yes, you will be able to dedicate your ride to any friend or relative that has gone before us to the great open roads in the beyond.

And for those of you who live in the North where there is often snow and sleet during the Fall Memorial Ride time window, here is a great opportunity to participate in the Memorial Event while riding in decent weather.

You’ll be sharing the day with many IBR veterans who have already committed to ride that day, so join them in this unique event. Your ride can be an in-state SS1000 if that's on your to-do list, or any other 1,000 or more mile ride you choose. The only other stipulation is that you at least begin or end your ride in the 24 hours of Memorial Day.

All riders who complete a Memorial 1000 on Memorial Day will receive a special ride certificate which can include a dedication to your memorialee , commemorative bike sticker, and special recognition by Mike Kneebone at the Fall IBA Memorial Ride event in Dallas in October. And these rides count toward your 5K and 10K Memorial Miles certificates and add to your Lifetime Memorial Miles for those working on those goals.

To register for this event, go to here

For more details contact Howard Entman here

Howard, If I click on the link to register, an email screen pops up instead of a registration page.

This is the address of the pop up email page:

https://rides.jasonjonas.com/index.php;

gramps

Mile Eater Silver
Mile Eater Gold

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version