|Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
I completed my first SS1000 last night.
Los Angeles to Willows, Ca. 14-58-99-5 and back again.
Here are a few of my observations.
1) Very uneventful and boring ride. I think the were 3 curves. Not really worthy of a full ride report. I woke up very early, rode 500 miles and turned around.
2) When it didn't smell like onions, it smelled like cow poop.
3) You can plan gas stops, but you cant plan wind. I hit the reserve a lot.
4) I was surprised on how focused I was. I do not remember any faces in cars next to me.
5) Although I had a tank bag with my directions and maps in the window, I had a small piece of paper with just a list of exits on it in the corner. This made it easier to concentrate.
6) I bought food at a gas station in Willows, Ca. I left it in the bathroom.
7) Gas receipts are important...not getting the gas cap back on or running after falling gloves or admiring pretty bug splatters on the windshield. Gas pumps are nice enough to offer a receipt for only about a minute.
I'm tired, hurting and my body is still vibrating. I drank the Kool Aid...I'm just waiting for it to take effect.